Cult of the News, February Edition (Eric Buscemi)
New Game Announcements:
- Renegade announces Prowler’s Passage from designer J. Alex Kevern.
- Neom, a Barenpark expansion, Patchwork Express, and Patchwork Xtrem are all coming from Lookout Spiel in 2018.
- EGG announces Fleet: The Dice Game.
- Looney Labs is partnering with Gale Force Nine for the release of Star Trek Fluxx and Star Trek: The Next Generation Fluxx, with both titles having an August 2, 2018 street date.
- Pyramid of Pengqueen is coming out later this year from Brain Games.
- IDW Games Announces Munchkin Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles with Steve Jackson Games and Nickelodeon.
- A Harry Potter Miniatures Adventure Game has been announced.
- Renegade announces Wonderland, an International Tabletop Day 2018 Exclusive designed by Daniel Solis with art from Beth Sobel.
- Restoration Games "stealth-announces" Dinosaur Tea Party at the New York Toy Fair.
- Haven from Alf Seegert is coming in 2018 from Red Raven Games.
- In Q4, Osprey Games plans to release the miniatures-filled board game Wildlands from Martin Wallace.
- Jasco Games announces Street Fighter: The Miniatures Game, coming to Kickstarter on April 4.
- Campaign-based, deckbuilding dungeon crawler Steampunk Dungeons coming soon from Roxley.
- More details are coming out on Rudiger Dorn's Luxor from Queen Games.
- In March, AEG is going to take people back to the era of bell bottoms and tweed jackets in Smash Up: That '70s Expansion. Featuring four all-new factions: Disco Dancers, Truckers, Kung Fu Fighters, and Vigilantes.
- Mac Gerdts is playtesting a Venus expansion for Concordia.
- Stronghold shows off Terraforming Mars Prelude at the NY Toy Fair.
- A Steampunk Rally stand-alone cross-compatible sequel is in final playtesting.
- A Heroes & Demons expansion is coming for The Quest for El Dorado in 2018 from Ravensburger.
- Fantasy Flight announces Mansion of Madness Second Edition expansion Sanctum of Twilight.
- Formal Ferret will debut a new mini-expansion for The Networks, Telly Time, at the UK Games Expo in June. This expansion will feature nine Genres and a new "noughts-and-crosses" way to get a Genre Bonus.
- Bellwether releases more details on Coldwater Crown: The Sea expansion: “Coming to Kickstarter this summer, Coldwater Crown: The Sea will expand Coldwater Crown with 5 new species of fish including one wild-color Master Angler species, a beautifully illustrated Sea board that expands the artwork of the main game board, one new type of fishing tackle, 4 Sea Vessel standees, one new turn option and a unique scoring mechanism for Sea fish you catch.“
- A new Viticulture expansion is being worked on by Stonemaier Games
Release Date Announcements:
- Red Raven's Empires of the Void II is now out in retail.
Digital Board Game Announcements:
- A digital early-access version of Onitama available in Google Play store.
- Van Ryder's Hostage Negotiator app is now available for both Android and iOS.
- Tabletopia announces launch of Beta version of Tabletopia on Tablets
Other Game Tidbits:
- Restoration Games releases box art for Fireball Island, says it will be coming to Kickstarter on April 3.
- Kolossal Games teaming with Lautapelitfi to bring new edition of Eclipse to Kickstarter.
- Super Meeple announces a new reprint of Kiesling & Kramer's Java, retitled Cuzco.
- Codenames is getting an XXL version in 2018.
- Gamewright has picked up Michael and Lisa Eskue's Trash Pandas.
- Mattel is launching 'Uno' companion game called 'Dos'.
Other Industry Tidbits:
- Asmodee Acquires Lookout Games and Mayfair Games.
- Leder Games will not publish Samuel Bailey's design, Deep, Bailey alleges misconduct on the parts of Patrick Leder and Cole Wehrle.
- Stronghold Games hires Bill Bricker as the new Director of Art & Marketing, Pauline Milano as the new Director of Administration, announces it has moved its office from Somerset, New Jersey to Boynton Beach, Florida, and introduces a new logo for 2018 and beyond.
- Button Shy Games founder Jason Tagmire has left his full time job, taken on a part time job, and will be dedicating even more time to Button Shy. His wife,Carolyn Tagmire, has taken on a bigger position as "Deliverer of Joy" (handling all fulfillment, vault organization, setup for conventions, etc).
- Kolossal Games announces ‘Powered by Kolossal’ initiative, its first partner is Plotmaker Games.
- Northstar Games announces restriction on selling their products on Amazon.com
- CGE discusses counterfeit copies of Codenames.
- The BGG Artist Series 2 is announced: Beth Sobel (representing The Castles of Burgundy), Peter Wocken (representing Takenoko), Julien Delval (representing 7 Wonders), and Weberson Santiago (representing A Feast for Odin).
- Deep Water Games announces the winner of its game design competition, Jeff Black with Xihe and the Sun Crows.
- Old Spice creates the Gentleman Character Class for Dungeons & Dragons.
- Funds: Pulp Detective, CO2: Second Chance, and Page Quest: Mythical Artifacts.
- Launches: Prehistory, Finca, The Reckoners, Aeon's End: Legacy, Dice Throne: Season Two, Leviathan, The Big Score, Swordcrafters, Edge of Darkness, City of Gears, Kami-sama, The Essence, Stew/Arcane Bakery Clash, Nights of Fire - A sequel to Days of Ire, Robin Hood and the Merry Men, Palm Island, Batman: Gotham City Chronicles, Chronicles Of Crime, and Good Society: A Jane Austen Roleplaying Game.
- David Somerville's Lightning & Bolt - an asymmetric co-op superhero adventure funds its Make 100 run of 100 copies in 80 minutes.
- Dr. Finn's Games cancels their Waters of Nereus / Cosmic Run: Regeneration campaign.
- Bézier Games announces Werewords Deluxe Edition -- There will be a Kickstarter starting on March 5, and the game will ship in time for Gen Con this summer.
- Formal Ferret's Bad Medicine: Second Opinion launches on Kickstarter Monday, March 5.
- Kolossal Games and Plotmaker Games announce Combo Fighter, launching on Kickstarter in April.
- Palladium loses its Robotech license. Wave 2 of the Robotech RPG Tactics Kickstarter will not be produced.