Cult of the News, April Edition (Eric Buscemi)
- Plaid Hat announced Starship Samurai.
- Magic: The Gathering - Heroes of Dominaria, a standalone board game for 2-4 players from WizKids, will debut in August in a standard edition and in September in a premium edition with painted figures.
- Ares Games announced its upcoming Battlestar Galactica Starship Battles miniature game, from the designers of Wings of Glory and Sails of Glory.
- Holy Grail Games announced DomiNations, a 2-4 player domino-based Civilisation-building game designed by Olivier Melison and Eric Dubus, is coming to Kickstarter in June.
- Munchkin's Spyke and Flower have a two-player title called The Red Dragon Inn: Allies – Spyke and Flower coming from SlugFest Games that can also be combined with other Red Dragon Inn titles.
- Z-Man announced Choose Your Own Adventure: House of Danger.
- Red Raven Games announced MegaLand, coming in the Fall exclusively at Target.
- Neue Heimat is being reimplemented as The Estates by Capstone Games' Simply Complex line.
- PieceKeeper Games announced Rurik: Dawn of Kiev, which will launch on Kickstarter in July.
- WizKids will release a new fourth edition of the Fury of Dracula with five new miniatures in July.
- What's Your Game announced that Madeira and Zhanguo will have a second edition. The second editions will be launched simultaneously on Kickstarter and will feature upgraded components, new variants and expansions.
- BoardGameTables.com is releasing a new board game called On Tour, designed by Chad DeShon. It will be on Kickstarter May 14th. DeShon noted in an email, "Finances for board game publishing are completely separate from the table manufacturing (in fact, behind the scenes they are different companies so that it is easy to keep separate). We always keep enough cash on hand to fulfill all outstanding table orders. BoardGameTables.com carries no debt."
- Arboretum is going to be reprinted by Renegade Games this autumn with art from Beth Sobel.
- Artipia announces Kitchen Rush: Piece of Cake, an expansion for Kitchen Rush that introduces desserts in the game. Kitchen Rush: Piece of Cake arrives on Kickstarter on April 16.
- The Mystic Vale: Conclave expansion releases from AEG in April. The expansion will be packaged in a huge box that will accommodate all things Mystic Vale in a single package.
- Fantasy Flight Announced four new ally and villain packs for Imperial Assault.
- Plaid Hat Games announced the coming of four new expansions for Crystal Clans, the Shadow, Fang, Leaf and Feather Clans each contain new and unique play styles.
- Libellud is working on an expansion for Dice Forge.
- Daily Magic Games announces Landmarks, the first full expansion of the Villages of Valeria game designed by Rick Holzgrafe and Isaias Vallejo.
Release Date Announcements:
- AEG released Space Base, designed by John D Clair, and Mystic Vale expansion and storage solution Mystic Vale: Conclave on April 25.
- Renegade announced that Altiplano will be released in North America on May 2.
- Deep Water Games announced, in partnership with Blue Cocker Games, the English worldwide release of Welcome To... in August.
- AEG plans to release Rudiger Dorn's Istanbul: The Dice Game in April following the game's debut from Pegasus Spiele at SPIEL '17.
- Stronghold is releasing roll-and-write train game SteamRollers and family memory game MemoArrr! in May, preorders are now available on their site.
Digital Board Game Announcements:
- Stronghold Games teases the upcoming digital version of Terraforming Mars.
- The Terra Mystica: Fire & Ice expansion is now available for the digital version of Terra Mystica.
Other Game Tidbits:
- Plaid Hat releases more details on the upcoming Specter Ops: Broken Covenant stand-alone sequel.
- Paul Grogan teased the upcoming game Escape Plan by Vital Lacerda.
- Pandasaurus teased the box art for Duelosaur Island.
- Maple Games signed a game designed by Alan Moon and Bobby West at the Gathering of Friends.
- Black Chantry Productions is bringing classic Vampire: The Masquerade-themed card game Vampire: The Eternal Struggle back into print.
- White Wolf Entertainment is partnering with Modiphius Entertainment to distribute Vampire: The Masquerade 5th Edition (V5) worldwide in English.
Other Industry Tidbits:
- Daryl Andrews has started a new board game studio called Maple Games with Peter Wocken as Creative Director, Jess Davis as Development Director, and Erik Dahlman as Crowdfunding Director. Their website is here.
- Asmodee introduces a 'Modern Classics' line, including Ticket to Ride: Europe, Catan, Carcassonne, Dixit, Pandemic, and Splendor.
- Grey Fox announced the Social Sloth Games imprint, focused on the lighter end of the spectrum, with the slogan "Slow Down. Have Fun!"
- Restoration Games has applied for a trademark for 'Return to Dark Tower,' and the application has been approved for publication. Additionally, a trademark application from Restoration Games for 'Omega Virus' has been entered into the USPTO database.
- The Societe des Auteurs de Jeux, the french game designers union, accuses game publisher Wonder Dice of stealing a game design from designer Francois Bachelart.
- The 2018 Mensa Select Winners were announced, with Azul, Constellations: The Game of Stargazing and the Night Sky, Ex Libris, Photosynthesis, and Raiders of the North Sea receiving the official Mensa Select seal.
- The winner and runners up of the 2018 Cardboard Edison Award were announced.
- BGG announced that, starting May 1, it is joining forces with Watch It Played and Rodney Smith to create new video content and feature "Watch It Played" tutorial videos on BGG's game pages.
- Adam McIver has left Tasty Minstrel Games and accepted a senior position at Panda Game Manufacturing.
- Funded: Graphic Novel Adventures, Gruff: Stuff of Nightmares, Mystery of the Temples, Dinosaur Island: Back from Extinction, Rescue Polar Bears, Unbroken, 40 Thieves, Vinyl, Filler.
- Launched: Fireball Island, Street Fighter: The Miniatures Game, Churrascaria, Gem Rush: Second Edition, The Estates, Grifters: Nexus, Kitchen Rush: Piece of Cake, Zombicide: Invader, Nothing Personal Revised Edition, Dual Powers: Revolution 1917, Gravity Warfare, Fleet: The Dice Game, Villages of Valeria: Landmarks, Homesteaders, Fire Tower, Overlight, Alhambra Designers' Edition, Hellboy: The Board Game.
- Fleet: The Dice Game launched on Kickstarter on April 19. The launch was delayed to include some new content for Fleet the card game.
- The Highways & Byways Kickstarter campaign has been cancelled.
- The Galaxy Hunters Kickstarter campaign has been cancelled.